GENERAL INDUSTRIES was created in 1987 by Mr Albert Schinasi. It started out by selling and distributing recyclable plastics mainly intended for the Asian market, as well as unvulcanised synthetic rubbers (Prime grade, Off grade, and production offcuts).
Mr Robert Schinasi and Mr Wolfgang Arnzeder joined the company in 1988.
Our company very quickly obtained official national and international licences to allow us to export non-prime grade plastics intended for recycling.
In 1988, GENERAL INDUSTRIES then developed its structures for international trade in raw materials as well as its activities in the fields of engineering plastics, commodity plastics, hydrocarbon resins, and synthetic rubbers.
In 1997, GENERAL INDUSTRIES created a unit to recycle agricultural films from films polluted with earth for the manufacture of reprocessed plastic pellets.
We transferred this unit to the SUEZ Group which has successfully continued to operate the company since them.
Our dynamic sales and logistics team is constantly watching out for new technologies, new outlets, and new regulations in force.
GENERAL INDUSTRIES is therefore a global player in recycling (collection, sorting, shredding and reprocessing) with many and diversified possibilities for purchase and sale.
The strengthening of our financial structure enabled us to invest in a recycling unit in Dubai (UAE). We sort and recycle plastic fractions obtained from WEEE.
Main Market Segments of General Industries
- Adhesives and Sealants
- Bitumens and Coatings
Chemicals for the Adhesives and Sealants, Rubber, Bitumens and Coatings, and Shoe industries:
- Elastomers: EPDM, BR, SBR, NBR, CR, butyl
- Hydrocarbon resins: C5, C9, C5/C9
- Rosin resins
- Polymers: SBS, SEBS, SIS, EVA
- Polyethylene wax
- Polyolefins: PE, PP, PP/PE mix (Bales and Regrind)
- Polystyrenics: PS, ABS/PC, WEEE (Bales and Regrind)
- Linear polyesters: PET (Bales and Regrind)
- Polyolefins: PE, PP, PE/PA (Regrind)
- Polystyrenics: PS (Bales and Regrind)
- Polyvinylics: PVC
- Polyacetals: POM
- Polyamides: PA6 PA66
- Polymethacrylics: PMMA (Rims, Cast, Offcuts, LCD, etc.)
- Polyolefins: PE, PP (Granules)
- Polystyrenics: PS (Granules)
Prime and Off Grade plastics
- Polyolefins: PE, PP
- Polystyrenics: PS, ABS, ABS/PC, PC
- Polyamides: PA
- Polymethacrylics: PMMA
Managing Director & Sales Director
Business Manager Africa / Turkey / Middle East